Kristopher PhillipsÂ and I visited Google in Mountain View, CA to talk aboutÂ Arrested Development and Philosophy. We both had a great time (thanks a bunch to Cliff Redeker for all of his diligent help).
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered: â€œArrested Development, And Five Ways to (not) Live the Philosophical Lifeâ€ —
1. Donâ€™t be evil: ethics, capitalism, and the Bluths (â€œYeah, like Iâ€™m going to take a whiz through this $5,000 suit! COME ON!â€œ)
2. Know thyself: Tobias, Gob, and the importance of being Ann (Her?)
3. Say what you mean: the use and abuse of language in Arrested Development (â€œHow much clearer can I say, thereâ€™s always MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!â€)
4. Learn from your (huge) mistakes:Â Gob and how we know what we know (â€œI heard the juryâ€™s still out on science.â€)
5. Tell good stories: Arrested Development and the examined life (â€œAnd thatâ€™s why you always leave a note.â€œ)
And you can take a browse ofÂ Arrested Development and Philosophy, here on Google Books.